“Hire people who know how to handle money, understand financial concepts, and pay them well. Hold them accountable for their decisions.” – Warren Buffett
It Is Not Personal. It Is Strictly Business.
Remember, when it comes to firing your financial advisor, it is not personal; it is strictly business. Your relationship with your financial advisor should be quantitatively and qualitatively results-driven. Only you can decide if your current financial advisor is giving you the advice you need to achieve your objectives and aspirations.
Qualitative Traits →
Your relationship with your financial advisor should be meaningful, built on trust, knowledge, and likability. Your advisor should be an excellent listener, driven to help you succeed, and effective at conveying ongoing action and strategy. If you are not getting the results from your investments that you want for your future, it may be wise or necessary to cut ties with your financial advisor.
Quantitative Prerequisites →
1. A qualified candidate should be a seasoned professional with years of experience navigating and investing in global financial markets (have them expand on their history).
2. Your wealth manager should have a successful track record (have them show you their results).
3. Find an advisor that knows how to build a portfolio suited to your specific wants and needs. Shy away from the many providers that tout a one size fits all approach.
4. Find an advisor/money manager that is price and value-centric (low fees).
If you’re not happy with the results you’re seeing from your financial advisor, it may be time to consider firing them. Here are four reasons why you should make this decision:
• 1) You do not see the returns you want.
• 2) You’re paying too much in fees.
• 3) Your goals have changed, and your current advisor can’t help you achieve them.
• 4) You’re not getting the level of service and results you deserve.
So, if you’re looking to redefine your financial future, we are here to help. At our firm, money is a tool for achieving security and success; it isn’t about get-rich-quick schemes or unrealistic strategies. We have the expertise to guide you through the process of investment and portfolio management so that you can make choices explicitly tailored to your needs.
Email us at email@example.com, and our staff will be in contact with you promptly.
Disclosure: any views, thoughts, and opinions expressed within this communication contains subjective opinions, and do not reflect the official policy or position of 1st Discount Brokerage, Inc. Information is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Any examples, outcomes, or assumptions expressed within this communication are only hypothetical illustrations and should not be utilized in real-world analytic products as they are based only on very limited and dated open-source information. Investments involve risk and are not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Securities offered through 1st Discount Brokerage, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. A Registered Investment Adviser.